Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 months

James and I were talking last night about how Brooklyn was going to be 8 months old today, and I almost wanted to cry because of how fast it is going by. She is growing up so fast and I don't want her to. She made her first official crawl today. She crawled across my mom's hobby room, and then we tried to get her to do it again and she just scooted herself on her tummy. She has been able to move in every which way, but forward crawling, for quite awhile. You would think that she would pick up on crawling much quicker, but I guess I shouldn't complain, that means less chasing her!
Now that the weather is nice, we go on walks every day and she seems to really enjoy that. It is nice to be able to get out of the house and have some different scenery for a bit. She is now eating avocados, sweet potatoes, pears, mangoes, prunes, carrots, peas, spinach, rice cereal, and cheerios. Avocados are still by far her favorite and she really does not like carrots, peas, spinach or really even rice cereal, but I feed them to her still because I do not want a picky eater and I am hoping that she will learn to like them.
She is so much fun and we are loving every minute of having her in our little family!

2 comments:

The Caple Crew said...

She sounds like such a fun little chick! I wish we lived closer so we could have fun play dates! One day we will go back to visit Utah and will have to plan a fun play date with Brooklyn!

Ron and Rachelle said...

It just keeps getting better...although two year olds are a colorful collection of emotions! Our babies are at a sweet age though.