Thursday, January 21, 2010

She's Here!!!

On Tuesday night my body decided that it was ready to go into labor & decided that it was going to do it fairly quickly. I had contractions start at 9:30, we packed and got Brooklyn to my parent's house and got to the hospital at 2:00 am. After taking a rest with the epidural and 5 whole pushes, Kenidi Nichole was born at 8:29 am weighing in at 7 lbs 14 oz and was 19.5" long.

I would post pictures but James computer isn't connected to our camera so we have to wait until we are home on our other computer. But she is such a beautiful baby with TONS of super dark hair and her big sister was able to come and meet her and she kept giving her kisses..... I am sure it will be a bit of a different story when she sees the baby home and realizes it isn't going away. I think she was a bit confused when she was saying goodbye to mom and dad instead of grandma and grandpa. She will have her moments but hopefully she will fall in love with her baby sister and love being around her.

From what we can see already, she is such a good baby! She sleeps great and eats great... I think we were blessed with a calm, content baby! YAY for mommy and daddy, we can use a calm baby right now with such an active little one with Brooklyn!

I will post pictures in the next few days so everyone can see!

3 comments:

Powell's Place said...

Congratulations!

Ron and Rachelle said...

congrats! I am so excited to see pictures!

Marilyn said...

Congratulations! Hope everyone's doing great!