Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moms are SUPER HEROS!

James has been gone for over a week (with the short stop home between 2 locations), which means that I have been home by myself with my 2 little girlies. I was very nervous for him to go... I wasn't sure how I could handle doing EVERYTHING by myself.... Wake up and nurse Kenidi, get Brooklyn up and fed (and myself in there) and get all 3 of us bathed, clean the house and cook dinner, find some ways to get out of the house so that we weren't all couped up inside the whole time he was gone, go to scouts (with the 2 girls), get Brooklyn down for the night, pick up her messes, do the dishes, take care of a fussy baby and wake up in the night if needs be (and adding in 8 nursings in the midst of all of it)..... BREATHE

You know what? It hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. Women do it all the time with even more kids and so I am definitely convinced that woman are SUPER HEROS!

I have to admit, my house has probably been the messiest it has ever been this past week, Brooklyn has thrown quite a few tantrums & pushed my buttons a few times, and I haven't gotten as much sleep as I would like...... but I still feel ok with being by myself and I'm not ready to rip my hair out like I thought I would be by the end of it all.

Isn't it amazing how a child can make a mess in every room, throw their food around, scream and throw tantrums when they don't get their way (even in public and embarrass you) and still completely own your heart after all of it! I have had some very difficult moments with Brooklyn this past week, and when all is said and done, I look into that girls eyes and I absolutely love and adore everything about her. She really can be the funnest and sweetest thing alive. I really hope that in those difficult moments, I can have the patience to react in a pleasing manner instead of snapping in frustration as I have done a few times before. I am so afraid of doing something that will make her feel like she can't be herself and ruining who she truly is. I hope I can learn how to parent her best in those situations when her energy is hard to control (e.g. church, being in someone else's home, public store or restaurant.... anytime she needs to sit still for a period of time).

James comes home late tomorrow night (one day earlier than we thought) and I am pleased to say that I have made it through the past week and don't feel like I need to dump the kids on James and run away for a while..... (that is what I kept telling him before he left) I miss him though and am ready to have him home for a while.

2 comments:

love birds and a few chicklets said...

You are a superhero! I honestly don't know how well I would handle that situation and it sounds like you are doing just fine... even with the lack of sleep, tantrums, nursing... Hang in there!!

The Caple Crew said...

Yup it's definitely hard when you are left alone for that long without any help. But Mom's can pretty much do ANYTHING...I've quickly learned that. We are pretty dang good at multitasking.

Sheldon went out of town for a week one time and it just happened to be the week Austin started to teethe and woke up EVERY HOUR for the first 4 nights Sheldon was gone and cried ALL DAY! We stayed in the house for those days and I was lucky if I got in a shower. oh the joys of motherhood....but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!