I am pretty sure the only time I write on this blog is when I am having a moment.... A moment of frustration, sadness, feeling overwhelmed or fed up. I promise I am not always like this, sometimes I just need to take a moment & get it out & my blog is where I go for that.... & that brings me ti my moment of frustration. I had hoped that when moving into this ward, I would find at least one close friend that I just connect with & would do all sorts of stuff with. There are so many GREAT ladies that I am friends with & adore, but I haven't made a friend that we call each other & do things with......
As a couple, we don't have those friends that we do everything with & our kids are best friends. My husband's best friend is the closest thing we have to that, but their kids are older than ours so we still don't do a ton.
I know people have busy lives & kids, but I have reached the point that I am tired of being cooped up in the house with the kids. They need friends & I need friends to talk to. I was SO hoping that our yard would have gotten put in this year so we could spend time outside & get out of the house, but that didn't happen. I think we are getting stir crazy & it us just barely fall, haven't hit winter yet.....
I wish I had a close friend that had similar interests as me & had kids the same age as mine... Wouldn't that be perfect! :)
And that was my moment.... Now I'm done.
4 comments:
I know how you feel! There are so so so many people out here in this neighborhood who feel the same way. Ditto to the "I wish I had a close friend out here who had similar interests and kids the same age" - sometimes I feel like all you young 'uns have NO CLUE what it's like when your cute adorable kids actually grow up and turn into mean teens. I wish I knew people out here who related to the stage of life I am in! I feel completely disconnected because it seems like we're isolated away from all the young couples -(except a few) - And I've decided if I want things to change, I have to 'broaden' my perspective and try to find the things that the people out here have to offer. I need to stop waiting for the perfect thing to come along, and starting making what I have perfect. Good luck to you.
Amen Pianochick! Linds I think what your feeling is sadly normal. If you knocked on neighbors doors, you would probably find that most women are feeling the exact way you are.
My personal opinion is that it's all about our attitude. If we sometimes step out of our comfort zone and be the one to start a conversation, call a new friend over, we would be amazed at how many friendships we can develop. I am not great at this, I always say I'm going to do better but don't. I have to remind myself that friendships take work, it's a relationship. But I also understand that it would be nice to have someone call you, someone be the one to drop by, I get it!!
Also sometimes we "click" with certain personalities. I have learned in my old age that not everyone likes me, not everyone gets me, not everyone gets my sarcastic humor. It's ok.
Just know you aren't the only one and that you are cared about.
Funny thing happened.....I was looking at someone else blog and saw ours! And I can tell you I feel the exact same way! Been in this ward 2 years and still feel like I have no friends :) so maybe we can be each others friend :) I am always around :)
ok I'm totally awesome and have kids around the same age as yours! But.....I live 1000+ miles away...sorry!
Post a Comment