Thursday, May 28, 2009

9 Months

While we were in Idaho this past weekend, my baby turned 9 months old! What an interesting age this is. It is the funnest yet, and the hardest all at the same time. She is crawling EVERYWHERE!!! She has mastered going up the stairs, but she wants to DIVE down them, so I have to watch her at all times. She has learned how to crawl up on the fireplace hearth now which worries me. She pulls herself up very well onto things and walks around. She eats ALL THE TIME!!!! I feel like my day is spent feeding her and giving her snacks. We have had some interesting things happen in the past month. She discovered eating dog poop! Really disgusting! She stood up in the tub, squatted, and pooped quite a bit....GROSS!!! She got her 1st tooth just yesterday.....Very exciting but she has bit both James and I already....That tiny thing sure does hurt!
Things that are difficult......she HATES having her diaper changed. I don't get it, she was great for a while and once she learned how to crawl, you can't keep her on her backside now matter how hard you try.....it is safe to say that I dread diaper changes.....especially when they are poopy! She hates bibs!!! So weird, but she gets mad when I put it on her and she just rips it off. Her sleeping has been quite stinky lately, I think I am going to break down and buy the book Baby Wise to figure a better schedule out. She is becoming a mama's girl, she wants me to hold her all the time right now, makes it very hard for me to get anything done.
Things that are adorable.....She says mama now and I LOVE it!!!! She is a crazy sleeper. We find her in the weirdest positions, this girl should be a gymnast, she is SO flexible. When we put her in a shopping cart, she puts one leg out to the side and puts her arm over the back.....it is SO cute when you see it. She looks like a guy in a convertible trying to show off for a girl. She gives the biggest kisses and we LOVE getting them from her....even if some of them are a bit slobbery. There is nothing greater than seeing that big gummy smile first thing when she wakes up. She has now found her favorite stuffed animal and it is so cute to watch her cuddle with it..... I could probably go on forever with what I love about her. We are just so grateful for her and the smiles that she puts on our faces day after day.
Here is Brookies in the morning crawling around at aunt Steffy's.
Brooklyn and Daddy playing with Maggie, aunt Steffy's bird....(she LOVED playing with Maggie.)

I got the GRAND idea to give Brooklyn a teething biscuit while we went shopping at Costco.... I did not realize what I got myself into! She was an absolute MESS!!! People would walk by and laugh and have to stop and talk to her. James was totally embarrased at how messy she was that he made me push the cart. I just couldn't stop laughing, I thought it was funny and so cute how much she loved having that biscuit. (you can't tell from the picture really, but it was ALL OVER her clothes, skirt, blanket, and the cart. We had to do some major scrubbing.)

1 comment:

Jacy said...

Cute updates! I can't believe how big she's getting!!