Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gratitude in the midst of hard times

The majority of my posts lately have been downer posts. We have had so many things go wrong in our lives in the past 2 weeks even, that it has brought me to tears a number of times. But in the midst of all of the crap that is going on, there are things that I am deeply grateful for and those are things that I want to focus on right now.

Insurance- because of our many things that have been going on recently, I was able to qualify for insurance that is paying 100% of my baby! I can't even tell you how much of a blessing this is to us right now. This pregnancy would be very difficult for me if I had to worry about the financial burden it would bring on us, but because of insurance, I don't have to stress about the money and I can enjoy the experience.

I had to take Kenidi to the Dr. yesterday because of a nasty cold she had that was in her chest and was causing wheezing and difficulty breathing. It was bad enough that they needed to send us to the hospital so that she could have her nose suctioned and some tests ran, and because of insurance, I didn't have to worry one bit about if it was all really necessary or not because it was going to cost us a lot of money.... it won't cost us anything.... It almost brings me to tears to think about the fact that I don't have to stress over these things in life right now!

Brooklyn & Kenidi-I have my moments where I get overwhelmed and frustrated, but these 2 definitely bring smiles to my face on a regular basis.

Last night, James was off taking care of some car situations, so I was home alone with the girls all evening by myself and needed to get them to bed. Usually we get Kenidi down first and then we go into Brooklyn's room and get her ready for bed and do family prayers. Well I have to admit that when James is gone, I have been known to skip the family prayer part. Well, last night Kenidi was with me and Brooklyn in Brooklyn's room and Brooklyn climbed up on her bed and sat down and folded her arms, then Kenidi sat and folded her arms (in her own cute way) and both girls were ready to say night, night prayers... It was precious! One of those split moments that I wished I could have paused forever. It was a very humbling esperience for me to see both girls (even Kenidi with how little she is) both folding their arms and being familiar with prayer.... something I need to learn on my own.

My mom, sister, & friends- Because of these people, I have clothes in my closet as well as my girls! I have gotten A LOT of clothes from my mom and my sister! I kid you not that probably 60% of my closet is from these 2. I have some great clothes that I didn't spend any money on (to bad I can't fit into a lot of them right now with being pregnant). My girls have A LOT of clothes also from my sister's girls and then a close friend of ours gave us some from her daughter. If we were left to our own vices of buying clothes for our girls, they would be wearing the same thing over and over again. It is such a huge blessing to have these hand-me-downs right now.

Neighbor Friends- In the past few months, I have made some great friendships here in my ward. There are 3 particular friendships that have meant a lot ot me. A few of us started getting together for little play groups. We needed breaks and our kids get stir crazy being at home. All of us seemed to need each other at the same time.

Amy T - I have never felt so comfortable talking to someone. I honestly feel that I can tell her anything and she won't judge me in the slightest.

Amy H - We were actually friends when I lived in Payson. Our husbands played basketball together. It was so nice to have her come (back) in this ward so I could have familiar face and person to talk to. I adore her.

Haylie - She is probably one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She is a strong girl in many aspects of the word. She is my baby friend since she is pregnant with twins that are due the same time as my baby. She will have 3 kids that are 2 and under and I will have my 3 kids that are just under 3 years.

The sad thing is, Amy T just moved, Amy H is in the process of moving, and there is a possibility that I will be moving here soon. Our little group that was so great is now not our little neighborhood group anymore.... but I am very greatful for the lasting friendships that were made through us getting together in the short time. All of us very different but so much a like at the same time.

James- I have mentioned him before and I will continue to mention him til the end of time. He has done so much in the past few months with taking care of us, putting out fires, and dealing with all of the nitty gritty things that I can't even imagine dealing with if he wasn't here. He does so much for me and the girls and I will always be grateful for him.

There are other things that I could mention but because of the length of this already, I am going to stop there. Even in these hard times, I need to focus and be aware of the blessings that I do have in my life. These are all things that I am truly grateful for right now!

3 comments:

love birds and a few chicklets said...

I am sooo grateful to have great insurance as well! You are so sweet Lindsi and I am glad I am not the only one who has gratitude in the small things. I hope you don't have to move... It makes me sad that our group of friends has been scattered, but I have a feeling we will be friends for a lifetime! Logan and I probably wont be in this ward for more than 2 more years... The more I think about it the more I feel like we need to prepare ourselves to move. I love this ward tho!! Keep your chin up and you can call me anytime lady!!

Unknown said...

Wow, whay to make a grown girl cry! Sheesh! Thanks for the kind words your amazing yourself and don't give yourself enough credit. For heavens sake look at all that you are dealing with right now and you're handling it all so gracefully! You're a great friend and I miss ya!!! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the hard times you're dealing with. I hope things look up soon.