Ok....so last year at Christmas I asked my mother-in-law to use paper plates for Christmas dinner so that we wouldn't have dishes afterwards to do, and I think she was appalled at the fact that I even mentioned it. This year for Thanksgiving, we had paper plates sitting out waiting for us. I was so proud of Judy and we were able to enjoy the evening and not worry about dishes. My mom on the other hand had about 23 people at her house and she said that they were doing dishes until 9:00 that night.
So my question is....IS IT TACKY OR SMART TO USE PAPER PRODUCTS FOR THANKGIVING OR CHRISTMAS, WHICH ARE USUALLY NICER MEALS? I am a bit curious to see what all of you have to say.
3 comments:
We always use paper plates. I'd rather enjoy the time visiting with family than washing dishes. I promise food tastes just as good on paper plates as it does on real china.
I guess I'm a snob... my mom always uses the china (and the chargers)for "fancy" meals...even if it's just Sunday dinner. So that's what I'm used to. I think the crappy clean-up just comes with the territory. I seriously have a hard time eating with paper plates and plastic cutlery at Brad's house.
My question is: is it tacky to ask guests to help clean? I never know.
In response to Michelle's question, I think it would depend on who was the guest. If it were family members, then I wouldn't feel bad about it. If it were a friend or acquaintance than I wouldn't feel as right about it, but I would think in a lot of circumstances people would offer to help. At least you would hope.
Post a Comment