Monday, February 28, 2011

Embarrassing

I don't get embarrased easily, I am usually one who can make a joke of any situation & move on & don't care much about it. Well, yesterday in Relief Society, the one thing that I try hard to not have happen happened to me.

I hate crying & I ESPECIALLY hate crying in front of people (even my husband). Have you ever had something (or LOTS of somethings) that you have held in a for a long while?.... Than you know what happened! I was in RS & the lesson triggered ALL of those somethings & I couldn't hold it in. I tried & it wouldn't stay.... Then as the lesson went on, the crying got worse. My sweet friend Haylie ran & got me some tissue from the bathroom, but before I knew it, the tissue was full & I was getting into the ugly cry! I had to get up & leave during the closing song as EVERYONE was looking at me... Not to mention all the people in the hall looking at me!

I am an ugly crier! My face goes BEET red & blotchy & my eyes go an intense red & there is no hiding it.

One of the worst things about the situation is that it was Stake Conference & the RS StAke Presidency was there & was wondering what was going on with me! It was a hard situation for me to be in... & then my husband sees me afterwards & is wondering what in the world is going on! Last night on our way home he asked me about it again.... We stayed up talking about all the "somethings" for hours & I cried the whole time! Hopefully it is out of my system now & I don't have another public breakdown!

I just have to say that I have some of the SWEETEST friends! The one teaching the lesson brought me brownies & a sweet card, I got texts & messages & they all made me feel better the situation & the embarrassment I felt.... Thanks girls!

3 comments:

Amy Twitty Photography said...

I am sorry sweetie!! I have had my fair share of RS meltdowns and if it makes you feel any better I have a ugly cry as well. Hope you are doing ok. Call me if you want to chat or just get together.

Ron and Rachelle said...

Thank goodness for good friends...glad I'm not the only one who has to have a melt down now and then...

love birds and a few chicklets said...

I am glad that you were at least able to talk to James about it! Yes everyone was soo worried about ya! Lets plan a lunch date next week... and maybe Amy T will grace us with her presence too! :) Please let me know if I can do anything for you... oh and ps - have you ever seen me cry?? It's probably the ugliest cry ever and I should pretty much get an award for it! Love ya!!