Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rough Evening!

Last night we had our Relief Society Enrichment, which my mom and I were in charge of decorating a table for the dinner. I left Brooklyn home with dad and they were going to go out together. I purposely didn't feed Brooklyn before I left because she hasn't been taking a bottle lately and I thought if I wasn't around, she would take it from dad and help her get back to eating from it in case I ever had to leave her. Boy did that blow up in our face! I came home from enrichment at 9:00 to a SCREAMING baby! She was supposed to eat at 7:30 & wouldn't. She ended up falling asleep so it wasn't a big deal. I guess a few minutes before I got home she just lost it and started screaming. She has had a cold with a stuffy nose and cough, and she did throw up on me yesterday so I do know that that was the cause of this unfortunate evening. I got home and ran downstairs to feed her. She fed for about a minute before she started back up screaming. I think she was screaming for maybe 45 minutes with mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa all trying different things to calm her down and nothing being successful. Finally we stripped her down and decided that maybe a bath would calm her down. Right as I was about to put her in her tub, she threw up all over me! We got us both cleaned up and we put her in the tub. This worked! She calmed down and enjoyed her bath. We got her all ready for bed when she decided she was going to start back up again. Finally with dad walking around bouncing her and giving her a pacifier, she finally fell asleep. Brooklyn is such a well behaved baby that this was so out of character for her. I am sure her stomach was bothering her from being sick. She shortly woke back up just wanting to eat and then went right back to bed and slept through the night!

It really is true when they say that your child's pain hurts you more than your own pain does. I was on the verge of tears through all of it because I felt so bad that she wasn't feeling well, and that I had left her and didn't feed her. I guess for the next 9 months or so, she is pretty much going to be attached to me. I have a ton of frozen milk that I don't know what to do with now since she won't take it from the bottle anymore. I hate to see it go to waste.

I think Brooklyn is feeling a bit better today, she has been fairly happy, but has wanted to sleep alot. I hope she can shake this off soon, I hate seeing her sick!

3 comments:

The Mama said...

I know what you mean Linds. I would much rather be sick than watch my kids hurt and know that I can't do a whole lot to make it better. Good luck, I hope Brooklyn feels better soon!!

Whitney said...

Hey Lindsi... so glad our blogs crossed paths. It definitely has been a long time. Curtis has kept me updated every now and then on how you have been. Congrats on your cute little girl Brooklyn. Its amazing how they change things up.

Ron and Rachelle said...

My friend donated her milk to the hospital for babies who needed it. Maybe one of the hospitals around there would accept it if you don't want to throw it away...just a thought.