Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Explain Facebook to me.
I have been invited by a couple of people to join Facebook, and my mom the other day was asking me what Facebook was because she has had some friends invite her to it also. She wanted me to explain it to her and I don't even know. I have heard that it is like MySpace which I hear is quite sketchy. I have heard that quite often through myspace or facebook, people end up leaving their spouses for other people they have met through this, so I guess you could say that I don't trust it necessarily but I know alot of people are on it and many of you. Can someone please explain it to me and is it sketchy or unsafe to be on it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
James had a my space account and I never cared for it. I didn't like the things people posted, the advertisements, and the friend requests that were not appropriate. Facebook is a lot cleaner. A lot of our YW are on it, so I can keep in touch with them, and I have been able to keep in touch with some of my old high school friends. I really like it. Let me know if you have any ?'s. By the way, how are things going?!
I have found so many old friends and roommates through Facebook. It is so much easier than e-mailing and it is great to keep in touch with everyone. Sorry I don't know how to explain it very well, but I think it wonderful and worth doing!
I'm with you on not getting it! So many of my friends, my brother, even my parents are on it, but I haven't tried it. My time on the computer is so limited (because I typically have a 2 year old on my lap helping me) that all I seem to have time to do is check my email and update my blog occasionally. So facebook has never appealed to me. Let us know if you sign up for it and what you think!
I made a facebook page several months ago, but I really don't know how to use it at all. I did it because I wanted to keep in touch with my Washington friends, which has been kind of fun. I just put a link to my blog on there and that's about it.
I do know is that nobody can view your stuff unless you okay them first. (Accept them as a "friend".) So, I wouldn't be worried about privacy issues (or creepy people).
I know that my sister loves facebook because she can post whole albums of photos, whereas in a blog you're kinda limited to choosing two or three per post. Also, supposedly you can send messages to lots of people at once really easily ("party at my house" type-stuff).
One thing that is cool, is that anytime someone sends you a message or writes on your facebook page, it automatically sends you an email. So, you don't have to log in to your account all the time to stay updated.
Here I am selling facebook when I never use mine.... but there you go. Maybe we can learn the ins and outs together?
Post a Comment