My sweet baby is now sleeping in her own room! A few weeks ago, Brooklyn would wake up at around 2:00 am every night and stay up talking until about 4:30 and keep us up that whole time. She would never cry, she just wanted to talk. After talking to my Visiting Teaching companion and one of the ladies we Visit Teach, I decided to move her into the other bedroom here in the basement. I have the monitor, so if I wake up in the night, I can turn it on and see if she is awake or not. She has been in there now for about 6 nights and it has been a bit hard for me to sleep through the night and not check up on her, but last night I slept pretty much all night and woke up in a panic that I hadn't checked on her, turned on the monitor at 5:55 and she was in there crying pretty good. I felt bad but I know it needs to be done. James wasn't able to get very good sleep when she was in our room so now that she is out of our room, he is able to get the sleep that he needs for work the next day.
She is also starting to sit up on her own. She normally just does it for about 10 seconds or so before she falls over side ways, but while I was taking these pictures of her, she sat by herself for probably a minute or two. We are also going to be starting her on solid foods today, so we will have to post to let you know how that goes.
Here she is falling over as she was sitting up.

Here she is sitting up all by herself.

My brother Doug put my beanie on her and it was so cute. She reminds me of a Russian Soldier.
2 comments:
I LOVE the one of Brooklyn sitting up on the bed, what a cutie!! That's great that you have her in her own room. It really is for the best for ALL of you!
She is darling. I can't believe you slept with her in the same room for so long! I'm going to have a hard time, I don't do well when people mess with my sleep. :]
Post a Comment