Monday, February 23, 2009

Snowmobiling

This past weekend we went up to our cabin with my parents. They came up so that they could watch Brooklyn while I went out on the snowmobiles with James. Saturday afternoon we decided to go out and I only had about an hour until I had to be back to feed Brooklyn. My favorite thing to do in the winter is go sledding so that is what I wanted to do when we got up the mountain. We got up to the spot we were going to go sledding and while I was getting my helmet and everything off, James decided to go do some riding really quick, well with my luck, he totally got his machine stuck on a hill behind a tree! He had to come and grab my machine to go and find someone to help him get it out. Luckily he was able to find a guy that came and helped him get it out. By the time we got it out, it was time for me to be back at the cabin to feed Brooklyn so we didn't have time to go sledding! I was so bummed and when I got back to the cabin, she was asleep and didn't wake up until about a half hour or longer after I got back.

Our friend Jared came up to go out with him and I told them that I wanted to go out with them but needed to feed Brooklyn first. I told them to go out for a bit and then come back and I would go out with them. Well, my husband didn't understand what a bit was because he was gone for over 2 hours and by the time they got back, Jared had to go and the sun was starting to go down and I don't like riding when the sun is going down (it makes it hard to tell how level the snow is.) So, here winter is almost over and I still haven't been able to go sledding, the one and only thing I have wanted to do. Later that night my back started killing me, the bumps that you go over did a toll to my back, it was probably a good thing I didn't go back out.

We didn't get any pictures since we were digging James out the whole time I was up there.

3 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

Oh man, crazy trip and it makes me shiver!

Jacy said...

Oh man! So sorry that you didn't get to go sledding! We live in Utah though, so I'm sure we'll still have some good storms ahead of us before spring.

The Caple Crew said...

YAY I am so glad I found your blog! I am so excited! You can check mine out at sheldonandjen.blogspot.com