Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bedding

I ordered bedding for Brooklyn's bedroom last week. When it arrived, they sent me a twin instead of a full. I was really bugged at the time, but I decided that since I had to return it anyway, I was going to go with what I really wanted. I ordered a comforter set that was on clearance but I have really wanted a quilt in there. I have been eyeballing this bedding from Walmart for her room...



I love this because it is fun, but it isn't too cutesy..... I have STRUGGLED to try and find bedding because of the wall color that is in there. I have the same burnt orange/red color in that room that is the same as my family room.... I decided yesterday that I loved the bedding and was just going to get it. Well, now I look at it next to the wall color and I don't like it together at all!! AHH.... so now I am thinking that I am just going to have to paint over the orange/red with a little more of a pinky red. I just don't know how James will feel about that.

I also bought a little dresser and mirror for her room. I am way excited to get my hands on this thing! It is meant for a little girl which means that it is a little bit smaller scale and it has heart cut outs on the mirror and the drawer handles.... but it is in sad shape right now. The girl was asking $50 for it, but we offered her $30 for it. We are going to strip all of the paint and repaint it a fun green color! I am wanting to antique it in my head, so I am hoping to be able to make that possible.

There are so many projects for this room (not to mention other rooms) that need to get done! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all, but I am going to get a list made and schedule it out. I am going to take pictures of all of the projects and I am hoping that I can get them posted on my Design blog. I can't wait to get some done & show everyone... should be fun.

No comments: