I must be cursed in the picture arena! I have tried to post some pictures a number of time & my account for some reason won't let me pull up the picture screen..... so, here is another post without pictures (but you can at least link over to see some).
The whole issue I had with Brooklyn's room and why I was so bugged was because I had in my mind exactly what I wanted to do. I went to Ikea and found the EXACT bed I had envisioned in my mind.... that was almost $400 (with no mattress). You can see the problem here. After being frustrated of not being able to create my vision, I got over it and got my brain working again (When I really want something, I will figure out a way to make it happen). As most of you know, I am the queen of creating things or making things work without a budget (or at least a very small one). I went to a blog that I follow and found the PERFECT inspiration for Brooklyn's Bedroom! Check out this link and see the pictures that inspired a whole new plan.
http://emilyaclark.blogspot.com/2011/03/paneled-headboard-project.html
We are going to take the idea of this headboard and create it in a different way that works for our room. I am so excited to do it! We think we can create the whole wall feature for $40-$50.
I am going to go on KSL and find a used full mattess and frame.
We looked at bedding at Walmart and they actually have some options that we can work with for $40-$50.
Purchase an old dresser from KSL or find one (which may need to be painted).
Take some accessories I have and paint them and what not and I think we will have an AWESOME little room for less than $200. That is something that both of us can agree to.
Way excited to make the changes!
No comments:
Post a Comment