I got some therapy yesterday! No I'm not talking about sitting down with a therapist & talking about all my problems. I'm talking about Lindsi therapy....... Having quiet time (kids were asleep), turned on spa music & I was able to get started on a project that I have always dreamed of doing... Paint a mural in my OWN home!
I get completely lost in my own world when I paint, not just murals, but just painting my walls in general. I love creating! I love seeing an awesome end result & being able to sit in a space & constantly enjoy it. It will be so fun to have a mural in Brooklyn's closet where we can go sit & read & enjoy the painting.
I debated for a bit in what to paint but it all came together when I decided it was going to be a reading space & I saw a cute image of Winnie the Pooh & Piglet leaning up against each other & both reading a book. I took that image & decided that since my favorite mural that I have ever done is the Winnie the Pooh nursery, then I would create that on a smaller scale & different character pictures. Once again I tried different ways to post pictures if you have never seen that mural, but the iphone won't let me post pictures at all.... So, if you are interested in seeing those pictures, you can go to www.lindsigabler.blogspot.com, scroll down on the right hand side & find my Custom Mural slideshow. There you can see all the murals I have done.
I definitely realized last night that I need more "me" or "therapy" time! I was so calm last night after painting!...... I wish it would have carried over to today, but I slept horrible & woke up a bit on edge... I do need to find ways to give myself more time without kids for my sanity.’
1 comment:
Lindsi - you need to start up a babysitting co-op! We do one here and it is HEAVEN!! You can take as much time or as little and use your time to paint. I am so impressed with your talents!!! I can tell you about it if you want to do it. Let me know!!
butikofer_family@hotmail.com
Post a Comment