Wednesday, March 9, 2011

From one extreme to the next

This topic may seem kind of random & out of the blue, but it is something that has been on my mind.

My thoughts have recently been on those people who haven't been able to have a child (children). As most of you know, I have been there. If you aren't aware of our situation, it took us 6 years to finally be blessed with a little one. I know what it feels like to see everyone around you getting pregnant & wondering WHY can't that be me.

The other part of our story is that we did not use any fertility. James & I kept praying & we kept getting the answer "it's not time". If you know me, you know that I am not a patient person. It was SO difficult for me to sit back & not do anything about it. No fertility options & no adoption options... Just sitting & waiting. I thought it was going to kill me!

Now I find myself at the total opposite extreme. 7 months after having my first, I found myself pregnant again...... 8 months after baby girl #2, I found myself pregnant with baby girl #3.

I may never know why I needed to wait all those years to be blessed with a child or why I am finding myself with 3 girls under the age of 3, but I often have to remind myself of where I came from..... In those overwhelming moments when I am 6 months pregnant chasing a 2 year old & a 1 year old.

My heart truly does go out to those who suffer as I once did. It took me a long time, but I know people who waited even longer than I did & their faith & strength gave me faith & strength. My dear friend Haylie reminded me that God will never give us a trial that we can't handle... This applys to me now also when I question how I am going to take care of 3 little ones when they are so close in age. I am grateful for these little ones.... The wait was worth it.

3 comments:

love birds and a few chicklets said...

My heart also goes out to all of my family and friends who are struggling with this very thing... It is so hard for me to relate because I am at the opposite end of them. You are wonderful Lindsi and 3 little ones is going to be a lot of work... but its a lot of work that is so worth it! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Your a sweetheart for even being considerate of those who are senstive with this, obviously with you having your own stuggles you understand. But having friends and family who are careful about what they say, being grateful that they can even get pregnant, and just aware of those around them honestly goes a long ways.
You are a great mom and yes you will have your hands full, but you can handle it. love ya!

The Caple Crew said...

My parents can totally relate with you! (Well, except for the closeness in age). They tried for almost 15 years before they were able to have kids. Before having kids on their own they had adopted 4 and even Drs told them that having kids on their own wasn't in the cards (My mom was told that her ovaries were "non funstioning") but they prayed about it and felt that it would happen one day. And they ended up having 2 kids naturally (my mom was in her mid 30s and my dad was in his early 40s before they had the last 2 kids)!