Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sleep issues

It is days like today I wonder "why in the world am I having another child"! It was a rough day.

My 2 year old hardly sleeps. Most kids her age still take naps. I am lucky if she will sleep even in the night. She stays up most nights for at least an hour if not longer just reading books & playing. She will finally climb in bed & go to sleep & then she will wake up in the night & play some more. We know that there have been nights when she has been awake for 2 hours playing in the dead of the night. She will go back to bed for a bit & then be up around 6. It finally catches up to her & we have days like today where she is so tired & everything is a massive ordeal & we fight ALL.DAY.LONG! After screaming... She passed out at 7:30!

I am at a loss of what to do with her sleeping... Can I give a 2 year old a Melatonin? Half joking, half not ;)

2 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

My mom always told me to give Ronnie Benadryl, so I know how you feel! Sounds hard, sorry about that. Becca doesn't nap anymore either and goes down around 7 ish and up at 6:30. My kids are not big nappers...maybe it's a good sign they will be really productive as adults...we can only hope :)

Heather said...

i know a few peoplw who give their children melatonin!