Our lesson in Relief Society today was on Charity. This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately.
You know the saying (or scripture?) "Action without works is dead"? Well describes me to a "T". In my heart, I have the STRONGEST desire to be charitable to those around me. I am surrounded by so many amazing woman in my ward that inspire me & make me want to be a better person, a more charitable person, but I have such a hard time going out of my way to let these people know how great I think they are.
I would love to make treats with a handmade card & tell everyone how I admire them or what they have done that has helped me that would otherwise never know, but I can't seem to get myself (& my kids) packed up to do this. Even though it isn't personable, this past week (even before this lesson) I have decided that if a person pops into my mind & I am thinking about them, I need to send a Facebook message or something & let them know I am thinking about them or let them know what they mean to me.
I have struggled my whole life to let people know how I feel towards them & it is something I need to change. I don't know why it is so hard for me to do in person! I can never go up to someone in church & let them know they gave a great talk or lesson, or that their comment really touched me etc.
I also think of forgiveness when I think of charity. I have always been one who forgives easily. I may get REALLY upset at first, but once I calm down, I am quick to forgive & forget..... But there is one person that I have really struggled to forgive & forget... I find it almost impossible. I hope that one day I can forgive this person like I have been the others in my life. Until then, I will just have to pray for that day to come.
I hope that in time I can become one of those charitable people that I so greatly admire!
No comments:
Post a Comment