I was late to church today so I missed the sustainings that they did, so I am assuming that I was sustained today into my new calling.
I went in on Tuesday at sat down and Clint said "Shannon will be with you in just a few minutes". Now Shannon is the bishopric member who is over the Primary. The first thought in my mind was "Oh crap, this is the calling that I know I just can't handle right now, I can't be in Primary when I have a baby that I take care of right now and I have a baby on the way.... I am constantly having to take care of kids and I won't be able to take care of my own and take care of a class of kids!!!" I seriously had anxiety for a little bit. Then I realized that Shannon was the only one available and he had no idea what he was calling me into until he was handed a paper that said my calling on it.... PHEW.
We sat down and chatted for a bit, then he asked if I would accept a calling as a member of the Relief Society Meeting Committee!!! What a RELIEF! I have always said that at this point in my life, there are 2 callings that I would love to have; 1) Activity Days leader... they only meet 2 times a month and you get to do fun stuff with the younger girls or 2) Put me in the Relief Society Meeting Committee! He didn't even know what that calling was! I had to laugh at that. I wanted so badly to be called in the Relief Society SOMEWHERE! In the 9 years that I have been married, I have ALWAYS had a calling where I work with the primary aged kids or the Young Women. At this point in my life, I REALLY wanted to work with the woman in my ward and really get to know people better... that is exactly what I think this calling will give me as well as open Sundays to take care of my kids during church... like nursing a new baby when she comes. So... I am very excited about my calling and really do think that it is the perfect choice for me right now in my life.
2 comments:
Yay! What a wonderful calling! I was going to die if you said you were called into the nursery. A true nightmare for mom's with young children. I still remember being called into nursery just before I had my first baby. The other gal went inactive and I was alone with eight children and my newborn. I was trying to nurse, break up fights, take all of them when someone had to go potty. Yes, nightmare is the only words for it. Luckily it didn't last long :D Have fun in Relief Society. It is such a blessing in our lives!
Ok I have no clue what that calling is! I'm in a little branch, we are lucky to have enough people for counselors!
Post a Comment