I mentioned a while ago that I needed an overhaul of myself & that that was basically my New Years resolution. Ever since then, I think that it has gotten worse instead of better. I think this past week was where I finally hit rock bottom & decided I had to move up instead of down. This was pretty much the cause of my embarrassing breakdown in Relief Society.
I finally sat down today & decided I needed to make a schedule of my typical day & lay it out to see how I can fit all of the spiritual things in that I (we) have been missing, such as; scripture study ( both personal & couple), personal prayers, family home evening, etc. I also wanted to lay out a weekly cleaning schedule. I want to set a few set chores for everyday of the week so that I'm not trying to cram a whole bunch into 1 day. I want to be realistic & start setting some time aside for myself along with wanting to start a Learning Time with my girls as soon as the playroom is put together & the mess from our office stuff is gone.
Do you do a schedule? Do you have set times that you read scriptures or do certain things for yourself or with your kids? I am wondering what other people do that works for them. I am hoping that we can find something that works for us in getting all of this done in a day, but more than anything, I hope I can have the integrity or accountability to stick to these things (especially the spiritual things). I don't tend to do a real great job with keeping integrity or accountability with myself..... But I am ready for a change in my life & I need to develop good habits before baby girl #3 arrives & throws our chances of developing those habits even more.
2 comments:
First I think you are way too hard on your self. As women we are constantly trying to improve which is wonderful but we also need to recognize the good we do. But that being said I am very much a schedule person. I read scriptures every morning with my kids at 8:30. We tried evening so Justin could be there but that did not work for us. I first started with the book of mormon reader and kept it short. We now read for at least 20 minutes and the use the scriptures. After scriptures we say family prayers and start the day. I usually do personal study during quiet time, I study my lesson, talks and scriptures. I don't do night because it has never worked for me I am too tired by the evening to feel spiritual. Have an fhe board ready does help us. We keep it short and everyone helps. After dinner we say family prayer and everyone gets ready for bed. It takes time to Figure out what works for your family. Keep changing it up until you are happy and it works. It all came together for me when Justin was in grad school and I decided I just need to do it and not wait for him. Hang in there and recognize the small good things you do!
We include the spiritual stuff into our bedtime routine. After jammies, Chad and I take turns reading 3 picture books to the kids and then we all take turns reading aloud the scriptures. For us, and my kids ages, we only do a verse each so we maybe read a column a night, but that's okay. Then we do family prayer, brush teeth and put the kids in bed. I read in the scriptures at night personally before I go to bed, and try to read a conference talk or two while I am eating breakfast.:) I think you should go ahead and try to get a schedule now, but your new baby girl just might throw a wrench in the works. So just be prepared for some adjustment then. Let us know what you come up with!
Post a Comment